Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Of Books And Laughter

I must stop laughing to myself in public...

Yes…quite an embarrassment isn’t it, especially when you are in a crowded LRT, with your back against the wall, book in hand, and you see a few heads turn to look at you.

Why I laugh to myself?

99% of the time, it happens because I am reading a book, and I reach a comical portion of text, where I cannot help but laugh. And since, when I am reading, and there is no one to share the laughter with, I laugh to myself. Also, it so happens that most of my reading is done while traveling, hence my public self laughter.

But good things are meant to be shared right? Continue my public laughter, me thinks… Might rub off some of that joy on another person

3 Comments:

At 7/04/2005 12:21 AM, Blogger ahem_ahem said...

Got myself engrossed in "To Kill A Mockingbird". A classic, which I read before, but am reading again coz I remembered loving it a lot the first time.

So next time I hear someone in the LRT laugh, I know who it is lar..You!!

 
At 7/07/2005 10:11 AM, Blogger ahem_ahem said...

Da Vinci Code? I wan't to pinjam!
No problem, can share books anytime. I still have a pretty small collection at the moment though, all my money spent on travelling

 
At 10/29/2005 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post ahem_ahem. A wise man once said that every complex problem always has a simple answer, and it's always wrong. (a word of wisdom from the team at http://www.study-techniques.com).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home