Sunday, July 03, 2005

Food Tagged

I've been food tagged! Here goes...

1. What is your first memory of baking/cooking on your own?
Indomee! That was when I was about 9 or 10, and absolutely crazy about Indomee. Then there was fried eggs, usually “sunny-side-all-over”, instead of the intended “sunny-side-up”.

2. Who had the most influence on your cooking?
My grandma. She cooks/makes great Nyonya stuff, gives good pointers, especially this one “Lu masak, ai pang ajinomoto, kalau boh, boh ho ciak”. Translated from Hokkien to English as “Use ajinomoto when cooking, otherwise your dishes won’t be tasty”

Hehe.. no la, I don't actually follow that pointer.. we all know ajinomoto is good, err i mean bad for health right…

3. Do you have an old photo as “evidence” of an early exposure to the culinary world and would you like to share it?
Nope.. Why would I want to take any pictures for people to blackmail me with?

4. Mageirocophobia - do you suffer from any cooking phobia, a dish that makes your palms sweat?
Wazzat? Such powderful England.. Me no comprehendo…

5. What would be your most valued or used kitchen gadgets and/or what was the biggest let down?
Kenwood mixer. Prefer baking to cooking, so I am helpless without this thing… Saves me a lot of sweat, effort and time, not having to beat stuff myself.



6. Name some funny or weird food combinations/dishes you really like - and probably no one else!

  • Squashed bread – That’s bread, especially those in the form of cojoined mini buns, squeeqed compact.
  • Thick Mee Hun Ker (Pan Meen)

7. What are the three eatables or dishes you simply don’t want to live without?

  • Lotus Root Soup: Can’t get enough of it
  • Assam Laksa: I love it! I love it! I love it! Hmm... maybe it's about time I made a trip to Penang for this...
  • Ice Cream: Any flavour will do. Particularly love mint and chocolate chip

8. Three quickies:

  • Your favorite ice-cream… : Haagen-Dazs Mint and Chocolate Chip & Rum Raisin
  • You will probably never eat… : Pig’s ears (This is after hearing horror stories from avid bah-kut-teh lovers, who tell me that it might come with a little hair still attached), pig’s tongue(Also because of horror stories about being able to feel the taste buds on this particular organ/food when consuming it), fish eye
  • Your own signature dish… : Hahaha… My cooking skills are nothing to boast of.. Can I say chocolate cake :P Well, guess it would be pizza.

9. Who do you want most to cook you dinner?
Shannon. Been hearing a lot about his fantastic culinary and baking skills, but have not yet had the priviledge of tasting his handywork.

And my own question that I would love to answer:
What was the last thing you cooked?

Aglio Oglio, chicken chop. Here’s a preview of how my Aglio Oglio turned out.. Looks pretty good right ;)


10. What dishes do you never say no to?
Crab & Prawn dishes. German sausage.

Ok… time to select my “victims” to share about their food forays… muahahahhaha..
I shall tag:
Irizan : He’s been blogging about eating his flesh. I’m pretty curious on what other stuff he loves to eat when he’s not budget tight and forced to be self cannibalistic.
Tiara: She's got her pantry stuffed with food and I bet she has plenty of stories to tell about her eating adventures in Australia.
MeiYi: She’s living in Food Haven (where else but Penang). Might learn of a not-so-discovered, super-cekap assam laksa place from her. PENANG'S ASSAM LAKSA IS THE BEST!

By the way, know who tagged me? Edwin lah... Supporting new bloggers like me by providing me stuff to write about :D

5 Comments:

At 7/07/2005 10:05 AM, Blogger ahem_ahem said...

Set! Shall arrange a trip then :)
Yeah, please don't eat me. There's plenty of rambutans and durian to feast yourself on, along the way. And if that is not enough, you can go hunt yourself a wild boar :P

 
At 7/14/2005 2:07 PM, Blogger TiaMaria said...

hey aunty, when are u going to blog again?

 
At 7/15/2005 4:37 PM, Blogger ahem_ahem said...

sibuk la... finally had time blog n add a lil' bit of new stuff today.. Check out the links :)

 
At 3/06/2007 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Land rover series 109 thailand Culinary + school + community college motor mount diagrams for 2003 subaru wrx breitling navitimer watch Play dress up game Delaware long term care insurance Mastectomy breast cancer Laser tattoo removal abilene Fiorecet ultram online pharmacies patent 26 trademark office listings patents sale http://www.anti-depressant-6.info/antidepressantscongress.html Disadvantage of slimming pills in women

 
At 2/18/2010 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, This is awesome! Dispells
some misnomers I've read

 

Post a Comment

<< Home