Friday, July 15, 2005

Scaredy cat going for screaming session

36 hours to go....
To watching my first-ever horror movie in the cinema....
Yeah, a bit slow to do so, I know. But i have a confession to make:
I am a scaredy cat..

I'm one of those who scream or jump at the slightest *shock* moment in movies. So, I excercise a lot when watching thrillers, horror movies ESPECIALLY (Hey, jumping is considered excercise ok! Screaming is also excercise of my vocal chords)

This is a sneak preview of one of my watch-horror-movie-dvd-session:
Me: Hey..I feel like watching Sixth Sense... Watch with me la, I want a screaming partner..

Dawn: OK. Let's watch now. I got dvd

~~ fast forward..a gang of friends crowd in front of a pc, anticipating a great movie ahead (altec lansing *surround sound*, 17 inch monitor). Show starts, room lights turned off...

~~ the sound of an impending horror moment is heard.


Me: [thinking] Look a while more before I hide behind my pillow... A little while more, not yet, not yet..

Me: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!


~~ Ghost appears, I scream and jump

Me: [thinking] Argh... too late.. [Says] Pung, you watched this before right.. Warn me when the chi kek scene comes...

Pung: Aiyar, not scary wan lar

~~ movie continues, with LOTS of scary bits. Pung was a pro at watching horror movies.. So obviously, her standards could not be applied for me...

Pung: Lyd, close your eyes, this is THE MOST SCARY part of the movie. (It was the part where the boy was in the tent, and the puking girl appeared)

~~ I cover my eyes with my hands. Sound of impending horror moment comes again.. I wait and wait

Lyd: Eh.. how come so long wan.. Ghost appear already or not?

Dawn: Not yet... wait la

~~I peep, nothing. I wait some more. Suspense is killing. Peep again

Lyd: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

~~Yeah, the ghost decided to appear the very moment i peeped.

So, there... my love-hate relationship with horror movies.
I bet tomorrow night will be very interesting indeed. Got to bring an extra cardigan to cover my face with, maybe some earplugs for my friends and not have pop corn in my hands.
Amityville Horror, here I come!

3 Comments:

At 7/15/2005 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard from the radio this morning regarding a dj's wife who also a scaredy cat. After watching all those scary movie, his wife happens to be unable to get down from the bed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night because she scared that "something" might come out under the bed. The dj have no choice but to wake up and turn on the light for her. Hopefully this senario won't happen to you after the show. hahaha :D

 
At 7/16/2005 11:39 AM, Blogger Chinchillas said...

Just notice today you did blog..

 
At 7/19/2005 9:27 AM, Blogger ahem_ahem said...

yep :) just started

 

Post a Comment

<< Home