Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Dinner@TopHat

Microsoft Most Innovative Software Solution Worldwide Award
That was an award my company won for the product which my team works on (what a mouthful). Cool eh...I never knew I was working on such a great thing.

So, of course with every award comes a celebration. And that is how I got the chance to check out this restaurant called TopHat. It's one of those old colonial houses along Jalan Kia Peng which was transformed into a restaurant. Creative décor.... Lots of ethnic paintings and pieces of furniture. Soft lights from a single chandelier.. floating candles and scented oil to add to the ambience…

The main course consisted or barbequed fish and squid, complete with lamb and hot wings.. The fish was fantabulous!

Because the place was famous for its wine, the first thing I went for was the red wine. Also sampled some of their chardonnay (Australian of course). Well, I do not confess myself to be a wine expert, but it was good…

Took a look at the menu and spotted pinacolada. *OK, I have got to try this too..* Always listened to the pinacolada song without actually knowing how it tastes like. And besides, liquor and santan? What a combination… This I’ve got to try… The verdict: Nice, now I wonder what santan and baileys would taste like… Hmmmmmmmmm…..

Lots of photographs taken, light banter, toasts made, throw in a congratulatory speech by the big boss, and wallla…you get a very enjoyable dinner…

One of our spontaneous shots..

Yesterday night really felt like a weekend. Now, wouldn’t it be nice if all Mondays were like this…

More pictures here

1 Comments:

At 8/10/2005 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

top hat...yummy!!!! but darn expensive.
only go there if on business purposes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home