Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Kindred Spirits

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one"

Every now and then, I get that opportunity to meet a kindred spirit.. Individuals who I can call bossom friends. Intimate friends to whom I can confide in. They have so beautifully colored my life, so this post is especially for all my kindred spirits.

Thank you for understanding me so well. I really appreciate it when I do not have to say much, but you know me well enough to roughly know what I am thinking or how I feel. We may not have the chance to meet due to seperate lives. But somehow, you just know me well enough to pick up the conversation as if we've always been around each other.

Thank you for the great times we had. The adventures and misadventures, drama and hilarious moments: I am glad I had the chance to experience them with you. They are really something….

Thank you for sticking by me through thick and thin. Countless times, you have pulled me up when I was down in the dumps. I am so glad for the support you have provided. They make my “miserable moments” more endurable.

Thank you for giving me a push in the right direction, a kick in the butt when I go the wrong way. I truly appreciate your constructive advice, comments and chiding, though I may have not have had the maturity to accept them at those times. I appreciate it that you tell me the brutal truth because you want to open my eyes to reality.

Thank you for making me laugh! To my “tormentors”, you really make my day, and I love it that you give me an excuse to whack you.

Thank you for your loyalty. For always extending that warm hand, making that effort to keep in touch with me, though I am sometimes so busy, I forget to return in kind. I truly thank God for individuals like you, because I am not your passing fancy, but a treasured friend.

You have enriched my life… For you I am truly truly grateful

7 Comments:

At 8/03/2005 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wise one has spoken. Take a moment to ponder on that page. Deep thoughts in her mind, she is.

 
At 8/03/2005 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dropped by, at your insistence (I can imagine you pointing a toy gun - no gun license ma, at me), and read your post and was touched. Thanks a million. Will read the rest when I'm on strike at work. Check out my homepage!!!

Come to Penang la... we have the best roti john and nasi kandar, my treat, but from your pocket :P

Ciao

*Hugs*

 
At 8/03/2005 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks

 
At 8/04/2005 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw.. so sweet.. and so chim.. :)

 
At 8/04/2005 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is so touching, i suddenly felt like i am in love. Thank you for allowing me to be in your space, to have a chance of knowing you. :)

 
At 8/04/2005 9:24 AM, Blogger ahem_ahem said...

TA: You read my mind ;) Hmm... meant to be a thank-you-note I guess..

Peng Peng: Haha.. what insistence. All I said what that I had a post for you. Working on the Penang trip. Haven't kacau-ed you enought the last time we met. I want assam laksa, assam laksa and more assam laksa!

Meiyi: *hugs*

Zoe: Glad to know u too :)

 
At 8/06/2005 9:09 PM, Blogger M.o.R.G said...

Heh, i'm not close to you or anything, but one thing i understand and feel is that i treasure and cherish friends as much as you do. =)

Very sweet post.

What are friends for huh. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home