Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Rock-a-bye-baby

I was hanging around at home the other day, flipping through the newspapers when one particular headline attracted my attention. So I zoomed straight into the article. Next thing I knew, I was roaring away in laughter.

And here.. the reason for my amusement:

The government planned to hold a lullaby composition contest “to sing husbands to sleep.”

This was an encouragement to wives “to give their best in taking care of their husbands,” he said when opening the Tautan Kasih concert.

“The husband returns home tired and the wife will sing the lullaby for him to sleep soundly so that when he awakes, he will be at peace.

“This contributes to their happiness,” he said, adding that there would also be a similar contest for children's lullabies.
AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Then came the comment from my dad..
"What happened? Why are you laughing like that?"
A very valid comment. After all, when you have your daughter laughing away for no apparent reason, you would most probably be a little concerned about her mental state...

So I showed him the article, and here's what he said:
"Yeah, saw that already. I'm gonna get your mother to sing me a lullaby before I sleep"
WAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

** The article can be found in major papers dated 02.10.05

4 Comments:

At 10/13/2005 10:17 AM, Blogger Anna Tan said...

(0.o)
right.......

 
At 10/13/2005 2:03 PM, Blogger Mike Wong said...

I dig the idea, really I do! :P

 
At 10/16/2005 8:14 PM, Blogger WanZ said...

ROTFL!

 
At 10/25/2005 10:35 AM, Blogger ahem_ahem said...

Amusing news eh ;) now.. before my saham jatuh, anyone out there offering lullaby singing lessons?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home