Thursday, August 25, 2005

A wedding, a lookalike discovered and more..

20 Aug 2005
JOANNE'S WEDDING!!!!

On a bright Saturday afternoon 2 weekends ago, Joanne walked down the isle with hubby Muk Khian. She was the blushing bride, all serious and composed (hard to imagine her as the butt whacking buttbutt in my early encounters with her....) The flowergirl was so cute, trying to arrange her steps properly and yet grinning shyly at all the guests looking at her. The groom seemed like a nice guy. My first time seeing/meeting him, after all I heard about him from the FGA gang..


It was a very relaxed and lighthearted wedding.. Probably due to the fact that the pastor was one of the groom's buddies. There was laughter every now and then due to antics by the groom and the pastors during the ceremony. Hmm...would like my wedding to be like that.. A wedding not too somber, lighthearted, but still full of meaning :)

Had a great time meeting everyone again... After all, Weddings = mini gatherings :)
I never really realized it, but I have missed everyone so much! Did lotsa catching up with everyone, esp those who are living far far away: new darlings, smaller/bigger bellies, more/less facial hair, taller/shorter. Also met my lookalike.. Haha can try to guess who she is from the pictures

Dinner was almost immediately after the wedding ceremony, so went to check out Dawn's new apartment with Alvin. Nice place :) Was late for the wedding dinner because I was too busy mekap-ing ( :P no la, had to follow Alvin and pick Tiger up from GT).

Food was good, although I don't know why they had to remove the dishes so fast! It's like:
Me thinks: *yay! butter prawns!*
Then I turn around to look at Pung on stage, singing with her Kris Dayanti voice, Cynthia on guitar.
When I turn back, *Hey.. where did the prawns go? Huh? Taken away already???*
I may sound like a glutton, but good food should never be wasted... Think of all the starving children in Africa...

There was lots of picture taking, a lot more chatting, even a still tango


Of course, after that, we went straight to steven's corner for more chatting. After all, which reunion is complete without a mamak session?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Afternote:
This is what Pung put up on her friendster photo album..And I could not resist but to add the highlights...

More pictures here

5 Comments:

At 8/29/2005 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lydi u looking so preeeety :)

 
At 8/30/2005 1:31 PM, Blogger ahem_ahem said...

ahaha..*shy*
who is this yeah?

 
At 8/30/2005 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...not bad the tango and the guy. Got potentials....

 
At 9/09/2005 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lydia! Is that your friend, Debbie and her friend? Lol. What a small world. I met her(Debbie) and her friend before and Deb's sis is my goodfren!

You looked pretty!

 
At 9/15/2005 2:18 PM, Blogger ahem_ahem said...

:) yea.. everyone seems to know each other. So surprised you know them though. Pung was my room-mate in uni, debbie, a friend from uni CF.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home