Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Tiger Woods Must Have Ugly Feet

I have this thing for quotes, and these few kinda stuck with me when i was quote-surfing today...

The uglier a man's legs are, the better he plays golf - it's almost a law.
~~H. G. Wells
Hmm... I wonder how ugly Tiger Woods' legs are.. But Michelle Wie? Her legs look pretty decent. Gah, must be H.G Wells taking a shot at fictional(entertaining but untrue) quotes, after his success at fictional stories.


I always read the last page of a book first so that if I die before I finish I'll know how it turned out.
~~Nora Ephron
Corny but true. Now I have a new retort when I'm caught flipping through a book and reading the last page first.


God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain
~~C.S. Lewis
This kinda got me thinking. Some of my pains are gone, but the stains have remained. Hmm...proof that my stubborn-self-sufficient streak is not very good for me. More deep thoughts on the way. But for starters, guess I have to learn to rely more on God. More armoury from God to replace my own non-scar-proof armours... More grace to see things from the right perspective.. More strength to do the right thing... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....


Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
~~William Butler Yeats
So poetic and dreamy. This I love. Now, I wish I could write like that..

2 Comments:

At 11/19/2005 9:30 PM, Blogger andrewkohboonee said...

tsk.

 
At 11/23/2005 9:52 AM, Blogger ahem_ahem said...

Hey...
Aiseh, you have a blog! Hehe.. changed your "blogs-are-too-personal-for-my-own-liking-theory"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home