Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Farewell

Something I wrote last week, back in Kuantan:

20-03-06
Ah Kong has passed away. Suddenly, just like that, with no warning, no time to say a proper goodbye.

He was sick the weekend before, admitted to hospital. Discovered that his prostate cancer has evolved to lung cancer. I could not make it for that trip back to Kuantan. My aunt tells me she had asked him to cry out to Jesus when he was afraid and needed help. Ah Kong nodded, a big difference from previous times when he just listened politely. I hope in my heart, that God had truly been his help in those times. Otherwise, I think the pain and loneliness would have been very unbearable.

I thought I had more time. So did the whole family, I guess. In a way I am glad he does not have to suffer any more pain. In fact, looking back, it is some sort of a miracle that he never suffered much pain during the 4 years of his cancer. It was just certains periods when the pain would come and go.

One thing I wish though, that he had been able to receive more family care, especially when he was sick. I had returned back to Kuantan to see Mimi, Ah Kong's maid bawling her eyes out. For her I am very thankful, because she truly cared for Ah Kong, accompanying him day and night, at home and in hospital. I do not know how the family would have done without her.

I want to thank everyone for your prayer and support during that time. Thank you for your listening ear, and words of comfort. I know some of you were pretty much at a lost for words when I was just crying over the phone, but you did help. A lot.

Just over a recent funeral, I had heard something along these lines: "When God allows death, it is always a double edge sword. It is never just death alone, because at the same time, God is working His purpose". In this case, my glimmer of hope is this, that with Ah Kong passing, there had come a time when he had encountered God as his savior.

8 Comments:

At 3/29/2006 7:00 PM, Blogger Mike Wong said...

My condolences to you and your family, Lydia.

 
At 3/30/2006 8:47 AM, Blogger fox said...

i am sorry to hear about this... you and family must be feeling hard in this period, my condolences to you all! Take care Lydia.

 
At 3/31/2006 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Lydia,

Nature always has its way to things and God knows when to call a person back to be re-united with him. :) Ah kong, knows you love him. When you miss him, just look up to the sky, he is just up there smiling at you and guardianing you. Love is what we believe, what we have, what we can give. May you be blessed with the joy and love of a big heart.

Yours truly,
Zoe

 
At 4/01/2006 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear bout Ah Kong. My condolences to you and your family. Take care..

 
At 4/01/2006 1:05 PM, Blogger WanZ said...

A great big bear hug from me to you.*HUG*

 
At 4/04/2006 11:18 AM, Blogger ahem_ahem said...

Mike, Fox, ZL, Poh Lynn, Wan Z,
Thanks :)

 
At 4/09/2006 3:13 PM, Blogger senorita said...

yes, keep the faith.

love & hugs!

 
At 8/06/2006 9:50 PM, Blogger vagus said...

this reminds me of my late ah kong too.
touching post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home